Here are a few pics from this year's tournament. Thanks to Don Brinkman for being the official tournament photographer this year.
Below are the final results from the 2012 tournament.
Thank you again to all the partcipants, sponsors, and volunteers.
We couldn't have raised over $2,700 for the kids' sports program without you!
See below for revised schedule.
See you tomorrow.
Participants and volunteers:
I am awaiting word from one final contact, who may or may not bring a team to the tourney.
Until then, I won't be able to post the revised schedule to the website. I hope to get it posted sometime this evening.
That said, regardless of whether we end up with 15 or 16 teams, your game time and field for the first game of the tournament should be the same as on the original schedule. For the two teams that are new since the first go-around (G Brinkman and Ferraro), your first games with both be at 8:00 AM.
Any other questions, please let me know.
The make-up date for the 2012 BS softball tourney will be Saturday, June 30, 2012.
Please let me know if you are still able to attend this year's tournament.
After visiting the fields after this morning's storm and observing the radar for the rest of the day, we have decided to CANCEL the tournament for today. We will attempt to reschedule the tournament at a later date. We will contact team captains via email with that information once we have it. Please call me if you have any questions at 207-2882.
Thanks for bearing with me as we watch the skies.
I'm about to head out to the fields and assess the situation.
Per various weather websites, the rain doesn't appear like it be will severe, but might be steady until 10 or 11 AM.
I'm also see what could be another storm cropping up sometime in the afternoon.
My two concerns are, in this order: the safety of all involved (lightning just struck pretty close as I type this), and I want to make sure everyone involved gets a full day of softball in.
As of now, the 1-hour postponement is still the plan.
I will have another update for everyone in probably the next 45 minutes or an hour.
Thanks again for everyone's patience.
It looks like we are about to get hit hard with a very strong storm. My setup team normally arrives around 6:30 AM to get setup.
At this point, I feel like I need to make a few phone calls and start to analyze our situation a little more closely.
At this time, I am deciding to POSTPONE THE TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE BY ONE HOUR.
So, to repeat, I am going to push everything back by one hour at this time. But we are still on for today, as of this writing.
By then, I am thinking/hoping that this large cell will have passed through, I will have been able to have a conversation with our contact at CAC fields, and we can then decide if it is logical to proceed with the tournament as planned today or not.
Thank you for bearing with me as things quickly develop in this short timeframe.
I just woke up around 5 AM this morning.
Generally, I wasn't expecting any major weather to pop up until later this afternoon, but I'm noticing a cell developing about 50 miles west of Wichita right now.
It appears to be heading towards us.
We are proceeding with setup as planned for now, even though it appears we are about to get stormed on in the next hour or so.
After it passes through, we will be in the clear (it appears).
If anything changes, I will let you know, but we are proceeding AS SCHEDULED, as of 5:15 AM as I write this.
Page 1 of 2
Return to Stewardship Page
When: Saturday, June 22, 2013
Where: Cessna Activity Center
2744 S. George Washington Blvd
Wichita, KS 67210
Any questions, please contact:
The Church of the Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church + 124 N Roosevelt Wichita, KS 67208 + 316-682-4557 + Sacramental Emergency Phone: 316.361.6015 + email@example.com