Catholic Youth Organization Mission
To provide opportunities for high school youth to deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church through hospitality, prayer, formation, service, and community.
The CYO Coordinator for Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church oversees all CYO activities and helps to lead CYO with the student president and vice president. The CYO Coordinator is supported by young adults, parents, and the high school board members in planning and executing regular meetings and other events. CYO meets weekly and, starting May 8th, 2019, CYO will meet from 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM in the St. Joseph Room.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below, the Coordinator is to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ with a passion for the Gospel!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attendance at most CYO meetings and events.
- Pray for all students in CYO.
- Oversee scheduling and planning of CYO regular meetings, working with student leaders and young adults so they can have input, help out, and take ownership.
- Be attentive to the engagement of all student leaders and young adults, giving support and encouragement where needed.
- Oversee planning and execution of the Italian Dinner along with the young adults and board.
- Coordinate all diocesan/other CYO events. This includes planning, promoting, getting chaperones, gathering paperwork, and any other necessities. The Leader works with Melinda to promote events and collect paperwork.
- Communicate with parents and the parish about CYO activities.
- Prepare and manage the budget and calendar.
- Conduct all events and meetings in compliance with Virtus and Safe Environment Policies.
- Think creatively to accomplish the goals and advance the mission of CYO.
To download the Employment application, please click HERE